Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Easter 2011

Easter is almost here (tomorrow to be exact). which only means vacation's almost over. (*sad*)

I've talked about Easter Eggs in my previous blog, and now I'm back to talk about the Easter Egg's partner in crime

Spending this year's Holy Week was something new. Not because I don't have work this year (yes, I was in the office during Holy Week last year, though not the entire week), but rather I have something new to spend Holy Week with, my pet bunnies. and just in time to celebrate Easter Sunday.


Easter bunny has its origin in pre-Christian fertility lore. The bunnies were the most fertile animal known and they served as a symbol of the new life during the spring season. They have been around since 1500's in the writings of Germans and was said to lay colorful eggs in the nest that children made out of bonnets.


Earlier I was watching a movie fit for Easter, HOP. It was about a rabbit,EB, who couldn't wait to follow his father's footsteps and become the Easter Bunny. Twenty years and a drum set later he realizes that he doesn't want to join the family business, he rather be a musician, a drummer to be exact. With the pressure his dad is giving him, he hopped in the rabbit hole and left Easter Island to go to Hollywood. Meanwhile, an evil chick name Carlos, who is the right-hand-chick of EB's dad, is planning to take over the business no matter what it takes and takes advantage of the time where EB ran away. The story goes on and in the end, EB realizes his destiny and became the Easter Bunny.

It actually teaches its viewers one important life lesson: Responsibility. I don't want to spoil anything so just watch and tell me what you think are other lessons to be found.

BTW, are you fond of eating jelly beans? watch HOP and you might think twice before you eat one again. :)

Happy watching!

Happy Easter!

No comments: