Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Chocolate Soufflé Cake || CPK

As a fan of Italian food, I visited CPK yesterday for lunch. BUT! I forgot that I had a very heavy breakfast (1 whole very thin crust all meat pizza!!! about 10 or 12 inches i think. Talk about being hungry!) and I wasn't feeling as hungry as I thought. So I decided to just eat dessert instead while the others indulge in their yummy pasta.

Looking at their dessert menu, I had a hard time deciding what to choose, but I already had in mind what type it would be. I was craving for a lava cake type of dessert, this has been stuck in my cravings list for a while now and I never really decided to satisfy it, until now. yey!

I read everything in the dessert menu and still couldn't decide on what to munch on. So I was flipping through the pages back and forth until the back cover page made me stop, I starred at it for a while and then said to myself "Aha! this is it!"

Since I didn't know what dessert that was, I asked the waitress and viola! I ordered CPK's Chocolate Soufflé Cake.


A Belgian chocolate soufflé cake served warm with CPK's triple-thick hot fudge,
on vanilla bean sauce priced at P255. I got mine A la mode (P295)

It took a while for them to bring out my order, or did they just wait for all the orders to be completed before serving it to our table? hmmm I guess the 2nd choice is more appropriate. Anyways, this is what my order looks like



Enticing isn't it? It looks and is actually bigger than what I expected! Should have realized this when I read in the menu that "Our Desserts are meant for sharing".

If i had a meal together with this, I might not have finished this dessert. But then again, with its soft,moist, rich and warm chocolate together with the vanilla bean sauce topped with vanilla ice cream, you can't help but savor the taste with every bite and not notice that you finished it all up already. And as proof, tadaah! Here's another shot of my dessert, all gone! BTW, I was even trying to scoop the vanilla bean sauce that's left on the plate (see the scoop marks on the plate? haha). Kinda hard so i stopped trying =P



With the end of my CPK Chocolate Soufflé Cake experience, I went back to the office happy and satisfied that I found a cure for my lava cake type cravings. =)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: